All Physicals must be on the NCHSAA Approved 2023-2024 Physical form to be accepted. The form can be found on this page and on each of the individual sport pages.
All WMS athletic tryouts and practices are closed to the public. Please respect this policy and pick your athlete up in the front of the school at the end of the day. Thank you.
Randolph County Board of Education Policy in regards to Athletics:
Regulation Code: 3620-R(3) Extracurricular Activities and Student Organizations
Middle School Interscholastic Athletics/Cheerleading
2023-2024 Athletic Academic Eligibility:
- Academics: Must pass at least one less course than the number of required core courses each semester AND meet promotion standards (Must pass three of the four core classes)
- PSUs do not mid-year promote, hence once retained the athlete is ineligible the following school year
- An athlete becomes eligible or ineligible on the FIRST day of the new semester, that status remains throughout the full semester.
- Athletes are allowed 6 consecutive semesters upon entry into sixth grade
- Age: cannot turn 15 on or before August 31
- Attendance: present at least 85% of the previous semester (13.5 days)
2023-2024 Athletic Physical Form
Middle School Athletics Manual
Athletic Insurance/Concussion Forms
Middle School Athletic Schedules
Sarah Beth Campbell